Terms & conditions
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. It applies to any Asvela site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, service or tool (collectively "Services") where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices. By using our Services and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Asvela has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice through the Asvela Message Centre and/or via email.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us;
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Watch List, creating collections and following other collections and sellers);
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction;
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or post an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates);
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites.
You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
- We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information comprises the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and unique device token;
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings' menu;
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information;
We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatically access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services;
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like;
- Keep track of your basket, your Watch List and your collections, plus collections and sellers that you have chosen to follow;
- Give you access to your purchase history, scores, internal messages and other features;
- Customize, measure and improve our Services;
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalized content).
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveyor questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service;
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws and any agreement we may have with you.
For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail. When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement. Message and data rates may apply.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences;
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages or postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions and inform you about our Service. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Privacy Notice, our User Agreement or other policies.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, change your Communication Preferences within Asvela web site properties or indicate your communication preferences within the direct communication from us. Keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement or contacting us directly via email. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes). In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Purchase an item with PayPal using Faster Checkout (if enabled in your account);
- View the activity header;
- View the My Asvela page (in enabled in your account);
- View or edit the Whish List;
- View order details;
- Leave Feedback;
- View the profile page;
- Conduct after-sale activities, such as leaving Feedback, requesting returns or submitting claims.
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you should be make a request to update your account information.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate;
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws;
- We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, our global privacy standards or our information handling practices, you can reach the customer service desk: email@example.com